From the B&H Academic Blog
Jan 20, 2017
In 1857, Charles Spurgeon—the most popular preacher in the Victorian world—promised his readers that he would publish his earliest sermons. However, the demands of ministry prevented him from fulfilling that promise. For almost 160 years, these sermons have been lost to history. His earliest sermons, meticulously handwritten in a series of notebooks, were stored away in Spurgeon’s College library for over a century.
Now author Christian George and publisher B&H Academic will release a 12-volume set that includes full-color facsimiles, transcriptions, contextual and biographical introductions, and editorial annotations. Written for scholars,...
Jan 18, 2017
by the Editor
The Problem of Evil: The Challenge of Essential Christian Beliefs offers a comprehensive examination of the problem of evil from both technical and ministerial perspectives.
Author and acclaimed philosophy professor Jeremy A. Evans treats the history of the problem with fairness, looking at it through contemporary philosophical literature and offering responses to the most substantive arguments from evil. His purpose is to provide holistic responses to the problem of evil that are philosophically and theologically maintainable.
Among the chapters are
- “Introduction to the Problem of Evil,”
- “The Logical Problem of Evil,”
- The World and the WordJune 2011Three esteemed Old Testament professors introduce students to the first eighty percent of the Bible-freshly illuminating the text as a rich source of theology and doctrine packed with practical principles for modern times.
- Jesus and the GospelsAugust 2009Gold Medallion Award-winning study of Christ’s life as recorded in the Gospels, newly updated in 2009 from the original 1997 work.
- Evangelism Is . . .June 2010Two veteran missionaries write forty creative and empowering chapters on what it truly means to share Jesus with passion and confidence both locally and worldwide.