- From Hermeneutics to ExegesisMay 2018Academically solid without being overwhelmingly detailed, this is a reliable guide to the important path from hermeneutics to exegesis.
- Inductive Bible StudyNovember 2016Inductive Bible Study provides a step-by-step approach to Bible study based on a three-part interpretive framework--observation, interpretation, and application.
- Urban Legends of the New TestamentAugust 2015Urban Legends of the New Testament surveys forty of the most commonly misinterpreted passages in the New Testament and carefully interprets each text within its literary and historical context.
- Biblical HermeneuticsApril 2002Biblical Hermeneutics is a textbook for introductory courses in hermeneutics. I take an interdisciplinary approach that is both balanced and practical with six major foci: the history of biblical interpretation, philosophical presuppositions, biblical genre, the uniqueness of Scripture, the practice of exegesis, and use of exegetical insights that will be lived and communicated in preaching and... [ read more ]
- Interpreting the New TestamentMarch 2001The editors of this book contend that one of the world’s best-known and most influential bodies of literature is one of the least understood. This is due both to the proliferation of modern hermeneutical approaches and to the lack of understanding of the historical backgrounds of the New Testament. In their sequel to their earlier... [ read more ]